Lewis River Little League is dedicated to providing the children of our community the opportunity to participate in the sport of baseball in a fun and safe environment. We offer baseball and softball programs for all players ages 4-16.
We strive to provide an environment in which young players can learn to play the game of baseball or softball, sharpen their skills, learn social skills in regards to teamwork, sportsmanship and respect. With positive participation from parents, coaches and players, we can provide an experience that’s rewarding to all.
The time of year is upon us in which our All-Star teams are selected. To avoid any confusion or answer any questions you as a player or parent may have Lewis River Little League has provided this overview of how this process works. Lewis River Little League supports this process and believes it to be fair to all players.
We are allowed 1 team of 12-13 players per age group and this is how they are chosen:
1. The kids vote for 12 kids and 1 manager, and sign their ballot.
- Who votes: Every Kid on the ballot is given the chance to vote at the end of one of their last few games. 8 yr olds are on the ballot for Minors, 9 & 10 yr olds are not on the ballot for Majors. Kids MUST play 60% of games and live within our leagues boundaries to be on ballot and vote.
2. The top five, (5), players voted by the kids are on the team.
3. 1 Manager and 1 Coach from every team votes for 12 kids on their ballot.
4. The top five, (5), (excluding the 5 voted in by the kids) vote getters on the Coaches vote are on the team. TIES are decided by the Kids vote. For example: Tim, Bob & Mike each get 5 coach votes, the one with the most kid votes is selected 1st, the one that got the 2nd most kid votes is 2nd, etc...
5. TEN, 10 players are now on the team, their ballots are pulled out of the stack and their Manager votes are counted. They elect their own manager. If there is a tie for manager it is decided on what place they finished in League play, if still tied then the board decides.
i. NOTE 1: All managers must be approved by the board, if there is a manager that has had problems during the season they can, and will, be removed from contention for Allstar Manager.
ii. NOTE 2: Just because a manager is selected doesn’t mean he has to do it. If his kid isn’t on the team or for any other reason, we can’t force him to “VOLUNTEER” and commit a month of time to an Allstar Team.
6. The regular season Manager with the best regular season record is 1st Choice for coach. If he says no, then the 2nd best record, then 3rd, etc…
7. The 3rd Coach is selected by the Manager from anybody that is on the regular season roster as a coach.
8. The Manager selects the final 2 or 3 players for the team. Highly recommended that he discusses this with his coaches, but it is his decision and it isn’t easy. Lewis River has 12 or 13 kids and 3 coaches per Allstar team. It is the manager’s decision whether to have 12 kids or 13.
9. Once the Major team is picked the process is repeated with 11 yr old ballots excluding 11 yr olds that have been selected for the Major Team. They cannot play on both.
10. Teams are picked but CANNOT be notified or start practicing before the date set by District.
11. If a selected kid can’t play due to personal reasons or is moved up from the 11 yr old team to the Major team he is replaced by the selection of the Manager. Once replaced you cannot rejoin the team.
Once the kids are selected they have about 2 weeks to come together as a team:
- They will practice 4-6 times a week and play their games under a microscope of rules on the road.
- They face a double elimination tournament against bigger leagues. It could be 2 games and done.
- Minimum Play is 3 outs in the field and 1 at bat. Some kids will play the minimum in some games.
- Substitution is player for player; a starter and a sub are tied together and cannot be in the game at the
same time. So 5-6 kids MUST play the whole game and the other 6-8 must pair up and share a spot.
- Player must provide Original Copies of Birth Certificates & proof of residence (3 pieces) or they can’t play.
10-11 Year Old All Star Team:
After the 8-10 year old and 11-12 year old teams have been created through our above voting process the 10-11 year old All Star team will be created based on the votes from the remaining players. We encourage this to give more players the All Star experience.
We hope this helps clear up confusion and lets everybody know what is going on right from the start. It isn’t easy, it’s a lot of hard work, but it can be something special that kids will remember forever.
Thanks for reading this and supporting Lewis River Little League.
GO Lewis River Little League, GO WOODLAND!!
Congratulations to Kolton Groth of the Tee Ball Raptors who raised over $600 for the League’s Annual Hit-A-Thon!!!!! Way to go!!! For being the TOP Fundraising Player, you will get your choice of either a Nintendo Switch or a PlayStation game console. A board member will be in touch soon regarding your prize!
Next top raisers:
1.Wesley Kneisl (Grasshoppers)
2.Beau Chunn (Cardinals CP BB)
3.Joshua Strother (Cardinals CP BB)
4.Grayson Bjur (Yankees CP BB)
5.Thorsten Elliott (Rangers Min)
Raptors with over $900!
Tee Ball Westley Kneisl (Grasshoppers)
CP BB Emmett (Red Sox)
Minor BB Gavin Beckley (Mariners)
Major BB Ayden (Giants)
CP SB Caroline Morris (Cubs)
Caris Sullivan (Firecrackers)
Alyssa Peterson Eros (Chaos)
**Prizes will be available for pick up later next week at the Snack Shack. Team Raptors, A board member will get in touch with you soon to coordinate your Team Pizza Party!**
Great job everyone!!!
!!!Our 2019 Raffle Drawing Winners!!!
* Congratulations to the Fahey Family! You've won Four lower level tickets to a Seattle Mariners home game of your choice!
* And Congratulations to Vivian S. - You won a $250.00 Visa Gift Card graciously donated by Fibre Federal Credit Union!
Thank you to everyone that participated!
Check out the dates for 2019 Mariners Little League Days! A fun, family outing for all!
Tickets need to be preordered before each game. Payment (checks made payable to LRLL or cash) and completed order forms must be turned in to the Snack Shack as specified by the dates below.
Click here to be redirected to the form
Sunday, April 28th at 1:10pm vs. Texas Rangers. Payments due by 4/13
Sunday, May 19th at 1:10pm vs. Minnesota Twins. Payments due by 5/4
Sunday, June 2nd at 1:10pm vs. Los Angeles Angels. Payments due by 5/18
Below are the 2019 By Laws for LRLL. These were voted in by the LRLL Board in January of 2019.
We have open Board positions for 2019:
Vice President and Fundraiser Coordinator!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested. If these don't fit with how you would like to help the League, we can create a position!
The batter's goal is to put the ball in play so that the eight fielders can't catch the ball or throw it to another fielder to record an out.
One of the questions we hear from parents all the time is, “My kid sits on the bench frequently, what should I do”. Today, we’d like to help you out with an answer to that question.
One of the questions many new youth baseball coaches have is, how do I handle aggressive parents? This is a great question, and it’s one that deserves a lot of thoughts.
Log onto your Fred Meyer account and edit your community rewards to give a portion of your purchases to Little League Baseball Inc. in Woodland, WA! Each time your enter your Fred Meyer card at the check stand we get a portion from Fred Meyer!
Shop on Amazon? Shop www.smile.amazon.com and select Little League Baseball Inc in Woodland, WA It's that easy!
Little League® International has assembled an online resource page dedicated to baseball bat information, that includes the latest bat information, current Little League Baseball rules and regulations governing bats, and a series of frequently asked questions.
Please note that as of January 1, 2018, the USA Baseball Bat Standard will be implemented. For more information on the USABat standard and a complete list of bats approved through the USABat Standard, visit usabat.com.
|P.O. Box 905|
|Woodland, WA 98674|